Often considered more of a stimulant than a true steroid, Clenbuterol is notorious as a powerful fat burner that works by increasing thermogenesis which raises the metabolism. This helps burn off stored fat as the body is in a constant state of a heightened metabolic rate, even while at rest.
We would not automatically think that a highly effective asthma drug is useful for fat burning, but that is in fact the case with Clenbuterol.
That doesn’t mean Clen is a magic pill you can take and sit back and watch the fat fall off. It works with proper dieting and exercise to more quickly and efficiently burn fat so you lose it faster than you would without using this compound.
Author’s Note: The following guide is based on my personal experience and does NOT promote the illegal use of steroids (PEDs).
What is Clenbuterol?
Clenbuterol is a powerful fat burner that is effective whether or not you are using it in a steroid cycle. This makes it very appealing not only for bodybuilders but for anyone wanting to lose weight; and that’s what has made Clenbuterol almost a household name in the world of weight loss.
The main way that Clenbuterol works to help you lose fat is to increase thermogenesis, or body temperature. This in turn stimulates the metabolism to burn more calories, so body fat is more efficiently used for energy.
Clenbuterol excels at being used to get rid of the last remnants of stubborn fat on a relatively already lean body, and as such as very popular with physique competitors, athletic models and anyone else who already works hard to attain a lean and ripped body, and wants to take it even further.
In contrast, Clen is not particularly useful or necessary for an overweight individual, and it is best for those carrying extra weight to lose as much of it as possible before considering using Clenbuterol.
Clenbuterol has a reputation as one of the best fat burners around, so we know this is the main area it excels at. But what exactly does this mean and what makes Clen so good at helping you get lean and burn off stubborn fat that you might have been trying to lose for a long time?
Here are the main benefits and effects of Clenbuterol that make it so good at what it does:
- Thermogenic Benefits – The main way that Clen works to help you with fat burning is to increase thermogenesis, or body temperature.This is the core functionality of Clen. Thermogenesis is the process of heat production and in the human body we need it to be alive. It has a direct effect on the metabolism and when thermogenesis is increased, the metabolic rate rises due to increased body temperature and this results in a faster and more efficient breakdown of fats.
- Suppression of the Appetite – This is a lesser known and secondary effect of Clen, but one that’s also important for fat loss as clearly you’ll be in a serious dieting phase when wanting to trim of the final areas of fat before a competition or any other reason; therefore keeping calories in check is critical. Not everyone will experience a decrease in appetite when using Clen though so this potential benefit should not be relied on too much.
- Boost to Cardiovascular Performance – This is not a major effect of Clen but even a mild improvement in this area is welcome to most people. The main purpose of Clen is to open the airways to assist with breathing, so it makes sense that even in people without breathing issues this can be a benefit. However, it’s important not to expect a noticeable change in this department so if you’re after hardcore performance enhancement, Clen does not fit the bill; however this potentially small benefit can simply be thought of as an added bonus.
Knowing that Clenbuterol was originally formulated to treat breathing difficulties, the metabolic and fat loss benefits can almost be thought of as a side effect of this drug.
In this case it’s a very positive and welcome side effect for people who want to reduce body fat to a more extreme level than would otherwise be possible simply through dieting alone.
Legal Steroid Alternatives That Work
OK guys, for those who follow me, you know I’d never steer you wrong. The truth always comes first and in this world of bodybuilding there’re lies everywhere.
I always kick the real deal and in fact, it’s my opinion that most supplements are complete bullshit. HOWEVER, there are a few products that do in fact work well.
Crazy Bulk is my recommended source for SARMs and legal steroid alternatives, based on MY PERSONAL RESULTS. NO BS!!
I’ve been recently using a few stacks that have given me INSANE RESULTS….. QUICKLY, and best of all you won’t mess with your normal hormone levels when you stop using these products!!
So, if you’re seriously looking for smooth and steady gains, give Crazy Bulk a run for a few months. Crazy Bulk is highly effective, affordable, and legal.
Guys… save yourself time, money, and headache, and start growing and getting shredded today!!
Clenbuterol Fat Loss
Clenbuterol was never intended as a weight loss drug, but that’s what it has become famous for. From celebrity endorsements to hardcore bodybuilders, Clen appeals to a wide range of people who have one goal: to cut as much body fat as possible to achieve a lean, toned and ripped physique.
It might be easy to think that Clen is a weight loss miracle drug that can help anyone lose pounds of fat without lifting a finger with exercise or changing your diet; but this is far from the case.
Clen is of no benefit to people who are obese or even those who are carrying extra weight but who are not already undertaking regular intensive exercise or sticking to a calorie-controlled diet to encourage weight loss.
What Clen is useful for is burning off the last vestiges of fat that is otherwise difficult to get rid off, and particularly for people who take fat loss to more extreme levels for competitions where every ounce counts.
So while Clenbuterol works exceptionally well as a fat burner, its purpose is specific and to get the results you expect from it, you must already be exercising extensively and dieting appropriately – and be prepared to continue that regime throughout your Clen cycles and beyond.
A key aspect of working out your Clenbuterol dosage for a cycle is to plan how you’re going to gradually increase the dose over time. This needs to be done as your body becomes used to the effects of the medication. Starting a cycle at a low dose then building it up over a two week cycle for the most effective fat burning results.
For most users this involves starting a cycle at the lowest effective dose and raising it to the highest safe dose by the end of the cycle. Most people will be looking at a maximum dosage of between 120mcg an 160mcg daily.
This strategy of incrementally raising the dose is for the reason of safety as much as anything else; starting Clen on a high dose is a health risk. A two week break is then required, and if an additional cycle is be undertaken, it will begin at the dosage you ended with at the previous cycle. The recommended increment to increase dosage is 20 micrograms(mcg).
Just as we ramp up Clen’s dosage over time, some people think it necessary to gradually drop the dosage towards the end of your diet and fat loss cycle. But there’s no proof this is required or effective at all. The best strategy is to instead just reduce the dosage to what you started the beginning of the cycle at (usually 20mcg or 40mcg) for about a week.
As I’ve already mentioned, the widely accepted and practiced strategy of Clenbuterol doses is to gradually increment during the cycle, so you start off low and gentle, become accustomed to the effects, and raise your dosage methodically.
Let’s look closer at what a more specific Clen cycle could consist of. Keep in mind that people with a wide range of personal goals make use of Clen for fat burning, so those with the aim of getting trim for a competition might differ in their cycle compared with someone using it for bodybuilding, or someone just wanting to meet personal fat loss goals.
The differences don’t lie in the way Clen is used though, but rather with what you might stack it with – some may choose to use Clenbuterol alone, while bodybuilders will often be stacking it with anabolic steroids as part of more extensive cutting cycles.
But the mistake should not be made to assume Clen is used similarly to an anabolic steroid, where doses and cycles do vary extensively depending on goals. Clenbuterol on the other hand is overall used very similarly amongst beginners and advanced users, and everyone in between.
Clenbuterol only Cycle
The following Clenbuterol cycle example is suitable for just about anyone. This cycle follows a two week on, two week off pattern. Clen is used daily for two weeks, then stopped completely for another two weeks, then started again after that. The below amounts are listed as daily dosage values.
- Day 1-2: 20mcg
- Day 3-4: 40mcg
- Day 5-6: 60mcg
- Day 7-8: 80mcg
- Day 9-10: 100mcg
- Day 11-12: 120mcg
- Day 13-14: 140mcg
At this point, where the dosage has reached its highest level at 140mcg, the cycle is stopped. A two week break follows.
Importantly, when starting your cycle up again, the dosage does not start at the low level, but instead at what you finished the previous cycle at; in this case, 140mcg. This dosage is maintained throughout the entire second cycle for two weeks.
Clenbuterol Cutting Cycle
The above cycle is suited for someone using Clen as a standalone supplement for fat loss. But what about bodybuilders using it as just one part of a cutting cycle? Consider this example 8 week cycle for such a use:
- Clenbuterol: 120mcg daily
- Anavar (Oxandrolone): 80mg daily
- Trenbolone: 200mg weekly
- Testosterone Propionate: 100mg weekly
This cutting cycle makes use of the powerful fat loss steroid Anavar which will compound significantly on the effects of Clenbuterol. The above cutting cycle is suitable only for those who understand and know how to address the side effects of anabolic steroid use.
Advanced Clen Cycle
This is considered an advanced 8-week Clen cycle:
- Testosterone Prop: 100mg/week (25mg/eod)
- Tren Acetate: 200mg/week (50mg/eod)
- Masteron: 400mg/week (100mg/eod)
- Cytomel (T3): 90mcg/day
- Weeks 1-2, 5-6, 8+: Clenbuterol at 120mcg/day
*eod – every other day
*T3 is an additional fat burning agent
Clenbuterol Post Cycle Therapy
Anabolic steroid users are accustomed to doing a post cycle therapy to restore natural hormone function and retain hard earned results. But do you need PCT when using Clenbuterol?
It’s not necessary to run a post cycle therapy if you’re using Clenbuterol on its own. The standard procedure is to simply stop the use of Clen for at least two weeks, and this is all that is needed.
Unlike steroids, Clen doesn’t have any effect on your hormone function so PCT is not necessary. However, if you’re using Clen as part of a steroid cycle then PCT will need to be implemented as necessary for the steroids you’re using.
When using Clen, expect to see faster body fat loss compared with no use of this drug while keeping up your same (or better) exercise and diet program.
While not a muscle builder, Clen will also have your body appearing more muscular and toned thanks to the removal of fat that would otherwise obscure muscle.
For Clenbuterol to be effective and to meet your expected results, there are a few things we need to know:
- You should already be relatively lean and wish to use Clen to burn away stubborn fat or fat that is located in parts of the body that you’ve struggled to move with other methods.
- The diet is critical and no amount of Clen is going to help someone lose weight if they are over-eating, consuming the wrong types of foods, or simply eating more calories than are being burned off.
- Exercising is essential, and while the type of workouts you’re doing will depend on your lifestyle and goals we need to remember that Clenbuterol boosts what you’re already doing and pushes your results further.
In other words, you should already be burning more calories with exercise than you’re consuming with food, then Clen is able to help you push through and burn up that stored fat during the most critical time of your fat loss program.
Clenbuterol vs. Albuterol
If you’re not yet fully decided on whether or not you should try Clenbuterol, you might be looking at other options and one of the names you’re likely to come across is Albuterol.
As the name suggests, Albuterol (salbutamol) is in fact very similar to Clen in the way it works to alleviate breathing difficulties. It is a well known asthma medication in the US with the brand name Ventolin. Like Clenbuterol, it is also a beta 2-adrenergic agonist and has shown in some animal studies to increase protein content and muscle weight.
Albuterol therefore is also technically effective as a fat burner because it uses the same mechanisms on the body as Clen does. Both drugs stimulate the nervous system, increase the metabolic rate and improve muscular oxygen transportation. Both drugs have similar side effects and stimulant effects.
A major difference is that Albuterol has a half life of just 6 hours, compared with Clenbuterol’s half life of about 36 hours. This means you’d have to be taking Albuterol more regularly to have similar effects as Clen and this can work out expensive and time consuming.
Additionally, because Albuterol is most commonly used as an inhaler for asthmatics, this is the form it’s widely found in, whereas Clenbuterol is more commonly seen in pill form.
Studies have shown no performance benefits when inhaling Albuterol, while using it orally or intravenously showed some benefits – however obtaining the drug in such form is likely to be difficult for most people.
Clenbuterol vs. Alternatives
I’m not a doctor, but everyone knows how powerful prescription drugs are and it’s common sense that they shouldn’t be used or abused for any reason besides the medical uses they’ve been designed to treat – Clenbuterol is at its core a medical drug made to treat health problems (but not in humans – in horses!)
Yeah, an offshoot of this is that it’s a potent fat burner as well. But if you care about your health you are best advised to consider other much safer options.
This is why:
Clenbuterol is a powerful stimulant and very few people will use it at performance doses without suffering really concerning effects. This is the top reason I staunchly urge you to think about looking at Clenbuterol alternatives.
The best Clenbuterol replacements can offer you very similar benefits but without putting your health at risk and experiencing serious side effects by using a medical drug in a way it’s not designed to be used.
So if you’re searching for the very best Clenbuterol alternative available to order today, look no further than the naturally formulated and legal Clenbutrol.
Don’t be fooled by the all natural ingredients: Clenbutrol is a potent formula for fat burning, performance enhancement and lean muscle retention. Without the nasty side effects of Clenbuterol and the legal worries of getting your hands on a drug made for horses.
Many individuals continue to prove that Clenbutrol works as it says on the label to deliver awesome results without suffering the effects of a stimulant drug. Clenbutrol is the ideal substitute for your high risk Clenbuterol and is highly recommended.
Ready to order Clenbuterol?
It’s never been easier to buy legal Clenbuterol online. Get great prices, fast shipping, and guaranteed delivery. No risks!
Clenbuterol Side Effects
It needs to be remembered that at its core, Clenbuterol is a stimulant. This means it will come with potential side effects, and these are likely to be enhanced and increased the higher your dosage of this compound is. Just as caffeine is a stimulant and we can expect some adverse effects when consuming it in high quantities, so it is the case with Clen.
Again, just as with caffeine, individual response to Clenbuterol will vary; however it’s vital to be aware of the potential negative reactions that you might experience so you can be on the lookout for them and adjust your dosage accordingly to get the maximum benefit and minimal side effects.
I can break the side effects of Clenbuterol down into the more common ones that most people are likely to experience, and those which are considered less common.
Below are the most commonly seen side effects of Clenbuterol. Not everyone will experience all or even any of these, while other people may experience them all; it depends on your personal sensitivity to stimulants and of course, your dosage.
- Jitters or Tremors – You might notice yourself having shaky hands when you hold your fingers out. Out of all the possible side effects, this one is most often reported by Clen users. As with most side effects, it is likely to subside as your body becomes accustomed to Clen – and this is why dosages should start low and slowly increase.
- Increased Sweating – Clen is a stimulant that heats up the body, and the body’s response to increased heat is to sweat. With the cells producing and releasing more heat than normal, your body temperature rises and some people will find that they perspire more than normal, whether during exercise or at rest; or both.
- Insomnia – This is an issue that can come up with any stimulant consumed – even coffee. Highly sensitive people can find difficulties in falling or staying asleep when using Clen. The half life of this medication, at over 36 hours, means it will always be in your system during a 24 hour period including when you need to sleep. Lower dosages can alleviate severe insomnia, as can allowing your body to become used to the effects by slowly raising the dose through your cycle.
- Headaches – Any type of stimulant can cause headaches and once again, this is going to be a symptom that varies widely amongst people. Some people are highly sensitive to stimulants (so if you’re prone to headaches from coffee, Clen might have the same effect on you), while others will never get a headache even using Clenbuterol at the maximum dose. One of the main causes of headaches with Clen or any stimulant is an increase in blood pressure.
- Increased Blood Pressure – This is more likely to happen at the start of a cycle before the body becomes used to the stimulant effects of Clen. If you have known blood pressure issues, it’s extra important that you monitor your blood pressure throughout your cycle; however those with a known history of high blood pressure and related conditions are strongly advised against using Clenbuterol.
- Muscle Cramps – The suspected cause of muscular cramps that many people get when using Clen is because of decreased levels of the amino acid taurine which can have an impact on nerves which in turn play a role in muscle contractions. When the muscles can’t relax as normal due to a lack of taurine, muscle cramps happen. The recommendation for anyone who experiences muscle cramping when using Clen is to take a quality taurine supplement and this is likely to keep this side effect under control.
- Nausea – This is a possible side effect with almost any medication and is another reason we start off Clen on a low dosage. In more sensitive people, nausea can lead to vomiting, in which case retaining a lower dosage for a long period of time and more slowly increasing it is advisable.
- Mood Changes – This can range from a feeling of improved mood while using the medication, to an onset of anxiety and depression when Clen is stopped.
Other more serious but less common side effects are below, and these are considerably more likely to occur when the dosage of Clen is higher than is recommended:
- Rapid or irregular heart rate
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Fast breathing
- Very high blood pressure
In all cases of any of the above symptoms, Clenbuterol usage should be stopped immediately and medical advice sought if these effects don’t quickly subside once stopping the drug (keeping in mind the long half life of about 36 hours).
First time users of Clen are more likely to have worse side effects than people who have been using it for some time. It can take a while to get used to Clen, but if adverse effects are not bearable than the wise thing to do is to decrease your dosage until any side effects are more manageable.
Is Clenbuterol an anabolic steroid?
No, Clenbuterol is a medication that was developed for asthma and other breathing conditions. The fact it is often used by bodybuilders and fitness models, many of who also use anabolic steroids, suggests to some that it might also be a steroid, however this is not the case.
While Clenbuterol has shown in some animal studies to have an anabolic effect, there is no proof of this being the case in the human body. As such it is not a muscle building drug. Clenbuterol is useful for people who use anabolic steroids as well as those who don’t.
Is Clen dangerous?
This is a medication and as such your body is going to need to get used to you taking it. Starting with a very high dosage, say of 100mcg daily, is not recommended.
This is a powerful bronchodilator and stimulant and a sudden high dosage poses a serious risk to heart health, which is why incremental dosing is important and if consumed sensibly, Clen is not dangerous.
Clen should be started on a low dose of 20-40mcg daily and the recommendation is that the dose is slowly increased over the period of about two weeks, followed by a break then a continuation of the cycle if you choose to continue.
Will Clenbuterol show up on a drug test?
The legality of Clenbuterol differs around the world. In the USA, it has not been approved by the FDA for human use and as such you can’t buy Clenbuterol. The World Anti-doping Agency (WADA) lists Clenbuterol as a prohibited substance so if you are tested under this agency’s rules, Clenbuterol will show in a test and be considered as prohibited.
It’s important to note that there are some reports of Clen being present as a result of contaminated meat, as this substance is known to be used to improve lean muscle in livestock although such use is illegal in the US and Europe.
What is liquid Clen?
A liquid version of Clenbuterol called Liquid Clen is a popular choice because of how easy it is to take and how it is considered even more efficient than the tablet form.
The main source for purchasing liquid Clen is through scientific research websites, but always be aware that quality can differ considerably between providers so it’s essential to seek out only reputable makers of liquid Clen. The difficulty in administering an exact dose is one of the major downsides of Liquid Clen.
How long does Clen take to work?
The stimulant effects of Clen become noticeable quickly after you start a cycle. When it comes to noticeable fat loss, the pace of your results is going to considerably depend on how hard and often you are working out, and your diet.
Clen is a tool to boost the results you’re getting – so the more dedicated you are to working out, the faster you will notice fat being lost and for most people this will be well within the first two week cycle.
Is Clenbuterol a weight loss wonder drug?
Over a decade ago, Clenbuterol was touted as a weight loss wonder drug that was promoted as being able to help you drop fat without having to do a thing.
It was promoted by celebrities and became popular with anyone and everyone who wanted to lose weight; including those who were very overweight, and those who wanted a solution that didn’t involve diet or exercise. We know that this is impossible and indeed, this is not what Clen is for.
Can females take Clenbuterol?
Yes, Clen is just as suitable for women as it is for men. Dosages can be very similar between the sexes as well as we are not dealing with the type of side effects that come with female anabolic steroid use.
Most women will look at using Clen at between 20mcg to 40mcg per day as a starting point, with the potential to increase the dosage incrementally up to a maximum of 100mcg daily.
Will Clenbuterol burn belly fat?
Clen does not target a particular area of the body to burn fat from. It will work to use stored fat as energy so if you are holding extra fat around the abdomen but are lean elsewhere, Clen can be effective in cutting abdominal fat when combined with targeted exercises and cardiovascular workouts.
My Conclusion and Recommendation
When it comes to use as an aid for asthmatics and people with breathing problems, Clenbuterol is a powerful bronchodilator which increases airflow to the lungs.
But it’s the thermogenic properties of Clenbuterol that have made it such a legendary fat loss compound. It just so happens that the same mechanisms that allow Clenbuterol to act as an effective bronchodilator also work to give Clen its fat burning ability.
I can’t deny that Clenbuterol works and works well as a powerful fat loss agent. But in the real world, very few people are going to really consider using a horse drug like Clenbuterol no matter how good it is.
It makes total sense to be cautious, after all it is a medical drug made for use in animals – Clenbuterol has no place being used by humans to lose weight and enhance athletic performance.